Luis Maximiliano Rodrigo Zubieta - Curriculum Vitae
|Date of birth||July 25, 1985|
|Revised||Feb 4, 2022|
I’m a Senior Cloud Architect and Security Researcher with a strong background on Software Engineering. Over the past 20 year, I’ve been a Sysadmin, Cloud Architect, Software Engineer, teacher and team leader. I’m currently working as a Senior Cloud Architect, designing High Availability and Scalability infrastructures on AWS. I’m a self-disciplined, fast learner, and a true believer that everything can be done.
- Cloud Architecture, High Availability and Scalability.
- Strong Cyber Security oriented profile.
- Serverless Architectures and APIs design.
- Monitoring and logging infrastructure design and implementation.
- Kubernetes and Containerization ( LXC / Containerd / Docker )
- Data acquisition and high performance analysis.
- High Performance High Scale Applications development and design.
- Relation and Non-Relational Database Optimization and Scalability (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- 15+ year of Unix Systems Administration.
- 20+ years of Programming. From BASIC to 15+ programming in Python.
Senior Cloud Engineer
ACKStorm (December 2020 - )
Cloud Architect / Senior Backend Engineer
LoveToKnowMedia Spain - Yourdictionary.com (September 2017 - September 2020)
Python Backend Engineer and Cloud Architec. Serverless Applications, Process Automation, and Team and Product Scalability.
Backend Development and Architecture
- Migrate a cross-product monolithic architecture to a serverless architecture over AWS.
- Deploy dozens of REST API endpoints with AWS Lambda and a variety of AWS services.
- Create a cross-product server side serverless A/B Testing.
- Test and benchmarking of deployments libraries as Zappa, Serverless, Chalice, etc.
- Setup and maintenance of AWS services.
- Monitoring infrastructure.
Teams and processes restructuring.
Design of style and contribution guides and collaboration processes.
Design and implementation of Testing, C/D and C/I processes.
Migration and centralization of the company code bases on GitHub.
Facilitate engineering processes for POs and Scrum masters.
Set a coding philosophy of clean coding, refactoring and peer reviews.
Custom tools for Automatic deployments, tagging, integration, cleanups, etc.
- Interviewing and recruitment for the engineering dept.
- Create personal and helped on Tech Teams OKRs.
Searches (March 2014 - February 2017)
- Re engineering of legacy Affiliate Program Software used by more than 3+ million affiliates.
- Database Administration - High Availability, Load Balancing, and Replication of massive databases mostly MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Coding and optimization of report scripts and queries. Developed responsive, interactive visualizations using D3.js
- CNP Processing (Card-not-Present Transactions) - Merchant accounts integration. Charge-back Forecasting & Analysis with Python.
- PHP - Migration, maintenance and optimization on more than 100 websites using Zend, vBulletin, phpBB, Wordpress, Joomla, TGPs and custom scripts.
- Python - Re-coding and re-implementation of legacy code in PHP, Pascal and C. Data Analysis, Marketing Automation, Billing Software, CMS development.
Co-Founder - CTO
Nerdogs (October 2007 - July 2012)
- Migration and hardening of massive websites.
- Infrastructure design.
- Application benchmarking.
- Designed and coded command line scripts for most of our common tasks.
- Full stack development:
- Wordpress plugins and themes.
- Web scrapers / crawlers.
- Twitter / Facebook bots.
Developer - Server Architecture
Leechpack (July 2009 - May 2010)
Leechpack was a SaaS that allowed users to download files from Torrent or File Sharing websites to the cloud. Once on the platform, files could be downloaded to the local drive or streamed directly to their browser.
- Full stack development of the File Sharing System.
- Development of the downloader software for File Sharing websites: Rapidshare, Depositfile, Uploadbox, Megaupload, Bigandfree, Netload, Storage.to, Hotfile, Uploaded.to and many more.
- Design and implementation of the on-demand streaming service.
- Red5 Media Server implementation.
- Torrent Servers Implementation.
- Implementation of the CVS server.
B18 (February 2007 - November 2009)
- Crawlers Development.
- Viral Marketing.
- Backend development mostly in PHP.
- Extensive development for Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal and others CMSs.
- Frontend development.
Windows System Administrator / Teaching Assistant
Colegio Nacional Dr. Arturo Umberto Illia
Juauary 2005 - December 2006
Senior Software Engineer
Independent (2002 - 2018)
Throughout these years I have being working on project I like
Things I have done and technologies I have worked with:
- Backend development in Python
- Django, Flask, Pyramid, SQLAlchemy, Pewee
- Command line applications development
- PaaS, IaaS
- Backend development in PHP
- Laravel, Zend, Slim.
- Design and optimization for high traffic websites.
- Apache, Nginx implementation and optimization.
- Database Administration
- SQL - (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite)
- NoSQL - (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Installation, configuration and monitoring.
- Troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Configure and monitor data replications.
- Logging - Consolidated logs - Lately using ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash and Kibana)
- Application Benchmarking / Architecture Optimization.
- Bots development
- Facebook Messenger / WhatsApp / Twitter / Tinder.
- Continuous Deployment on distributed systems.
- Open APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Twilio, etc.)
- Containers (LXC, FreeBSD Jails, Docker)
Junior Penetration Tester
eLearnSecurity (March 2021)
Credential ID 6267367
Introduction to Big Data
Coursera (May 2015)
Credential ID FHHNVBC6ZWY3
LPIC-1: System Administrator (2018) Knowtech Training - Barcelona
Advanced Linux System Administration and Networking (2017) Knowtech Training - Barcelona
Internet Programming Languages (2009) Colegio Nacional Dr. Arturo Umberto Illia
Elementary Computer Architecture and Operating Systems (2005 - 2007) Colegio Nacional Dr. Arturo Umberto Illia
Elementary Computer Architecture and Operating Systems (2005 - 2006) Instituto Argentino Modelo
Honors and Awards
Diseño de Sitios Web - 11ra edición de la Maratón Informática Argentina (MIA) (August 2002) Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata
Olimpiadas de Informática 2001 Mar del Plata (September 2001) Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata